Initial Assessment/Nutrition Check-up
This is a one time, 1 hour, nutrition session that can cover a variety of issues, such as: performance/sports nutrition, disease prevention, medical nutrition therapy, breaking a weight loss plateau, developing a foundation for healthy eating, or used to get a professional evaluation of your current eating habits.
- One 60-90 minute session
- Assessment: review medical, nutrition, exercise, and diet history
- Analyze 24hr – 3 Day Food Diary
- Nutrient deficiencies and excesses determined
- Relevant handouts & info
- Diet analysis summary and recommendations. NOTE: A written meal plan will require an additional follow-up session at the rate listed below.
Single Session and Al á Carte – Cost: $60-90
One Follow-up session with written plan and examples (includes email follow-ups for 1 month, follow-up sessions are 45 minutes in duration. ) – Cost: $40-50
“Everyone has the desire to win, but only champions have the desire to prepare.” – Muhamid Ali
Our sports nutrition program is recommended if you’re looking for a longer-term plan and follow-up process. Meetings would occur monthly or every few weeks as needed via either phone, email, or in person.
- 60-90 min. initial consult
- Two to three, 45-minute follow-up sessions
- Nutrition Assessment: review of current nutrition, physical activity, medical, and diet history
- Dietary Analysis
- Customized Nutrition Plan: meal pattern/timing, macronutrient composition, hydration and supplement strategies as needed
- Nutrient Timing: pre, during, and post (recovery) exercise/event
- Sport Specific recommendations
- Analysis of Body Composition (as warranted)
- Educational Material
- Unlimited e-mail/phone support for 2-3 months
We want athletes to know the importance of understand the heat index, its risk to athletes, and proper hydration while working out. In a normal year, about 175 Americans succumb to the demands of summer heat. (U. S. Department of Commerce)
Please review this information from the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, a national group dedicated to enhancing the quality of health care provided by certified athletic trainers: